Thursday, September 11, 2008

100 Days

While browsing some other blogs, I came across the idea of 100 Days Of Exercise. I think I may give it a try. I'll keep track here, if anyone is curious. I'm not gonna post my actual weight (there is, after all, a reason for this 100 day fitness kick), but I'll update pounds lost, if there are any. The key, as I understand it, is activity for 30 minutes.

I think this will be hard for me. I'm already very busy with life. I love to cook and I love to eat. Let me clarify, I love to cook when I have the time, and I love to eat, everything. Another hurdle is living in the boonies. There are no parks close, no sidewalks, no street lights. However, it's easy for me to walk 'a country mile'.

On the plus side, I don't watch much television in the evenings. I'm not on the computer all night long. Guess we'll see. I'm not a very motivated person, but this may be exciting, if I can stick to it. I'm kinda lazy too. (Some people have bumper stickers that say 'I'd rather be fishing.' Well, I'd rather be reading, or sleeping.)

I have a lot of exercise videos, that I don't watch. I have a gym membership, that I don't use. I have a punching bag, that is not hung. I do have a frisbee. I do have an energetic first grader. I do have a jump rope. I do have two feet. I have the burning want. Do I have the willpower? What if I quit? If I make it to 100 days, will I be able to keep it going? If I skip a day, will I get discouraged? *Sigh*

Here's my motivational quote for today: One small step at a time.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm starting tomorrow. I'm real busy today:)

No comments: