Tuesday, September 23, 2008

88 Days To Go

I'll give a quick update about my lovely (read: dreaded, no-good, worthless, hard, time consuming) 100 days of exercise.

Okay, it's not really that bad. I've been trying to get some kind of activity in every day. Whether it's walking or doing a workout video or playing frisbee with Petit Singe. Like, I said, I've been trying. I have exercised more days than not. And I can tell you that's a lot more than I used to do!

Last weekend, I bought a DVD by The Biggest Loser trainer Jillian. It's called 30 Day Shred. I'm not sure what it is supposed to shred, but I think it shredded my legs. They turned to jelly. I'm hoping to go for a walk tonight if my muscles hold out.

As for pounds lost, I don't know. My scale is not very reliable. I doubt there's been a change in the numbers. Who knows? I'm eating slightly better, although I indulged this past weekend and I plan to do it again this coming weekend. I suppose I should stop that...? Well, after next weekend, I'll get right back on track. Uh-huh.

My biggest problem with exercise is not having time. I know I'm supposed to make time, but it doesn't come easily. Owen works a lot. I can't take Monkey on a long walk, I'd only end up carrying him. These are just excuses aren't they? I thought so too. I have more where they came from.

I've found another hindrance as well. All the shows are coming back. Maybe I'll use them as my reward for working out. Yeah. Let's see how that goes.

Well, here's to another week of trying.


Quote for today: Never eat more than you can lift. -Miss Piggy

2 comments:

Liam said...

I gotta say the best thing I've done weight-wise is stopping eating at night... I don't eat anything after 8:30p.

Gotta Change It said...

I read somewhere that you should brush your teeth immediately after dinner. It discourages you from snacking and drinking pop, etc.

I tried it. Once.