Friday, September 5, 2008

Ready For The Weekend

I'm tired today. It's been a long (four day) week. I'm ready for the weekend to officially begin. I was browsing through some other blogs and came across this meme. I've seen it before, but never answered the questions. I thought there were some rules posted when I saw it before, but from where I stole this, there were none. Here goes...

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago, I was enjoying my freedom after having graduated from high school in June. I was under the impression that I would take one year off school before attending college. The year was supposed to be a time to relax, but mostly to save up money for school. What a crock! One year turned into seven years, and I'm still not quite there yet. I was already dating my now husband and basically just doing a whole lotta nothin'. I was working though, but not saving money.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

-Stay awake through work. This is most important.

-A friend of ours has been storing his snowmobile in our garage, and tonight (finally), he is ready to get it. Owen and I need to load it up into a trailer and deliver it to his house.

-Laundry. Of course. Always laundry. My mother-in-law is coming to pick up petit singe tomorrow to take him to the lake, and I don't want her to have to leap over piles of laundry in the mudroom.

-Call Eldest Brother and find out what time he'll be in town tomorrow, and what time we'll get together at my Dad's bar to catch up and drink beer.

-Lastly, I need to get some freakin' sleep tonight. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

3. Snacks I enjoy:

I like chips and yogurt. (Not together.) I like nachos and bananas. (Not together.) I like candy and apples. (Together and not together.)


4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Travel. Have more kids. Build my dream house. (Nothing too extravagant. Wait, it probably would be. I forgot, I'm a billionaire.) I would help my entire family. I'd give money to my friends. Donate to charity. Yeah, can't forget the hot personal trainer I would have, either.


5. Places I have lived:

Well, I lived at home with my Mom and Dad. Then I lived with just my Mom after their divorce. I lived with my Dad and stepmom after my Mom caught me having sex and kicked me out. I lived again with my Mom after that. After high school, I stayed at Owen's house with his family. Then we went back to my Mom's. She kicked me out again after finding something she didn't like. (Sheesh, it was just a bowl.) Owen and I moved into a tiny one bedroom apartment. Then we rented a house. I became enceinte and we moved back in with my Mom. Just after I had the baby, we moved into another apartment, two bedroom, this time. We stayed there almost five years and finally last year we bought a house and moved to the country! That's a lot of moving around in a short time. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

6. Jobs I have had:

I worked at a fast food joint. I worked at a video store. I worked as a package handler. I worked at a home improvement warehouse. I worked some construction jobs. Most of those were part time gigs. The job I have now, at the end of the month, I will have been here ten years. It's in an office ;)

That's it. I hope you all (when I say that, I really mean 'You three who read this...') have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Liam said...

1> 10 years ago... I was working at Kinkos as a desktop graphic designer...

2> 5 things on my to do list -
paperwork
finish reading a book
clean my desk
balance check book
laundry

3> Snacks I enjoy
Candy candy candy
fruit of all types

4> Things I'd do if i were a billionaire:
Travel A LOT.

5> Places I've lived:
Kansas, Virginia, N. Michigan, S. Michigan, N. Indiana, Connecticut, Indianapolis

6> Jobs I've had:
Grocery store clerk
Dairy Queen cook
Computer Lab Assistant
Admin Assistant
Graphic designer
Software tester
Desktop tech
Helpdesk tech