Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lost And Not Yet Found

We went to a Detroit Lions game today. It was my first professional football game. (We lost.) A friend of mine drove up to our house and we rode together further north to my brother's place. It was chilly and windy while we were tailgating. The guys were playing some bean bag game and wanted me to take a turn. I didn't. Again, it was something I had never done before. I suppose I didn't want to look stupid, or whatever. I don't know. I should have taken my turn. Why didn't I?

Moving on...

It's a good thing we tailgated (Beers and brats!), because in the stadium, beers were $8.50 for a (small) plastic cup. Outrageous! I mean, of course Owen and I both had one, and I had to get some popcorn, but what the heck... Our charge for the two beers and popcorn was $22.50. ~sigh~

Like I mentioned, the game was a bust. The Redskins kicked our asses, like we knew they would. But I was glad for the opportunity to catch up with our friend Jim and to meet my brother's new girlfriend. (Although, after the beers we had and the bullshit stories we were all telling her, I hope she still sticks around.) It's far too infrequently that we're all able to get together and reminisce. (I lost my first tooth at Jim's house. We go waaaay back.)

I forgot about the point of this post. Here it is...

While Owen and I have talked about some things that may or may not happen in the future, I've realized that I'm missing something. Sure, we get along great and have awesome sex. If you've been reading this blog, you would surely know that. While I am definitely looking forward to the next phase in our lives, I still want...no scratch that. I still need romance.. Holding hands, gazing into each other's eyes (okay, probably not that, that's too corny even for me), but you get the idea.

Anyway, when the game was over, we sat and watched the crowd filing out. Finally, almost all the people were gone, but there was another couple walking up the steps to leave that caught my eye. They stopped in the middle of the stairs and kissed. Not just a simple peck on the lips. He grabbed her and turned her around. He had his arm around her back and was leaning into her while she playfully tried to get away at first. Eventually, though, she gave in and was bent back over his arm while they clung together and kissed. It was sweet, and at the same time, almost erotic. I couldn't take my eyes off them.

That's what I want.

Once upon a time, I had it.

But it was lost somewhere along the way to happily ever after.

I'm still looking for it...

3 comments:

Nolens Volens said...

Very interesting take on what you saw. At least the Lions put up a fight for a while.

Ms. Lily said...

Romance is a wonderful thing. I love the fact that my knight is, but like every thing else, it should be in moderation. He is to the point of corny at times, and he gets upset if he thinks I don't want to hold his hand..etc.
Sorry about the Lions, but at least you had a good time.
xoxo

Stacie said...

YAY on going to the game, I love going to football games...it is expensive though.

good luck on getting what you want in your relationship...