Thursday, October 9, 2008

Some Number Under 100 Days To Go

Here's another update on my 100 days.

I promised myself that last night I was going to do Jillian's video. Nope. Didn't happen. Instead, my Mom called and wanted to go for a walk. Owen was at school and I was home with Monkey.

I gave her every excuse I could think of. It's going to get dark soon. Petit Singe won't walk that far. He has homework. He needs a bath. I'm tired. I don't feel like it. I just didn't want to argue with her or listen to her outrageous stories.

Finally I said fuck it. I was feeling kinda bitchy and if she wanted to give me shit, I was gonna give it right back. I wasn't in the mood to deal with her. (You may have noticed my bitchy post about Owen a couple days ago, which, incidentally, I feel bad about writing now...)

So, we started our walk. We passed the spot where I usually turn around. We're halfway down the street behind my house (my 'around the block' is roughly four miles), and Monkey's too tired to go on. Dammit! I knew it. This is the reason I walk alone. And guess who got a piggyback ride...for two freakin' miles...? Not me.

Needless to say, when I got home, I said fuck it again. No Jillian. I got my exercise in, plus carried an extra 45 pounds of wiggly monkey.

************

Now I have noticed that maybe (wishful thinking?) my shirts are a little looser. I'm eating slightly better. No donuts for me this week. (Not after I ate so many from the orchard over the weekend...)

And I don't know how many days are left out of my 100 days. I do know it hasn't worked exactly as I had planned.

I really need to stop with the damned excuses too. Even if they are true.

Okay, okay.

Motivational quote for the day: If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people. -Jim Eason

Shoot, sorry, not that. How about this... The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. -Mark Twain

No? Okay. Last try. Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat. -Jill Johnson

Works for me.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

hang in there and keep it up...eventually you will get the results you want!

Hosea said...

How about "Live right, eat right, and die anyway." Is that motivational enough? :-)